OWS has presented a list of demands which they say will "create so many jobs it will be completely impossible to fill them without an open borders policy." (I'm just going to let the open borders thing slide for now.)
Off the top, I'm not impressed. Their first demand is X, which they continue to say must be accomplished by alo instituting Y and Z. That's, ya know, three demands.
ADDED: Additional thoughts. 1. These people are trying to kill us. 2. These people really are trying to kill the country. 3. These people have no idea what America is. 4. These people are gonna be out there "occupying" for a long, long time.
Anyways, here they are...
1. Restore "living wage". Raise minimum wage to $20/hour. Reimpose trade tariffs (/end "Freetrade").
2. Universal single payer healthcare. Ban private insurance companies.
3. Free allowance for everyone! ("Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.")
4. Extend HS by four years. (Free college education.)
5. Fast-track process to end fossil fuel economy. Increase demand for alternative energy.
6. One trillion dollar in infrastructure spending NOW.
7. One trillion dollar in eco-restoration now. Decommission all nuclear power plants.
8. Racial equal rights amendment. Gender equal rights amendment.
9. Fully open borders.
10. Election accountability -- paper ballots counted and recounted in public.
11. Immediate debt forgiveness for all. (Debt = sovereign debt, commercial loans, mortgages, home equity loans, credit cards, student loans, personal loans...) "All debt must be stricken from the books." I must directly quote more from this one: "World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must also be stricken from the "Books." And I don't mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period."
12. Outlaw credit reporting agencies.
13. No regulations on how/when union votes are gathered regarding a union's representation or formation.
ADDED: Sometime between when I posted this and right now, the website responded to some bad press about this list and posted a claim that this list is unofficial. Mhmm.
After much prayer and serious consideration, I have decided that I will not be seeking the 2012 GOP nomination for President of the United States. As always, my family comes first and obviously Todd and I put great consideration into family life before making this decision. When we serve, we devote ourselves to God, family and country. My decision maintains this order.
My decision is based upon a review of what common sense Conservatives and Independents have accomplished, especially over the last year. I believe that at this time I can be more effective in a decisive role to help elect other true public servants to office – from the nation’s governors to Congressional seats and the Presidency. We need to continue to actively and aggressively help those who will stop the “fundamental transformation” of our nation and instead seek the restoration of our greatness, our goodness and our constitutional republic based on the rule of law.
From the bottom of my heart I thank those who have supported me and defended my record throughout the years, and encouraged me to run for President. Know that by working together we can bring this country back – and as I’ve always said, one doesn’t need a title to help do it.
I will continue driving the discussion for freedom and free markets, including in the race for President where our candidates must embrace immediate action toward energy independence through domestic resource developments of conventional energy sources, along with renewables. We must reduce tax burdens and onerous regulations that kill American industry, and our candidates must always push to minimize government to strengthen the economy and allow the private sector to create jobs. Those will be our priorities so Americans can be confident that a smaller, smarter government that is truly of the people, by the people, and for the people can better serve this most exceptional nation.
In the coming weeks I will help coordinate strategies to assist in replacing the President, re-taking the Senate, and maintaining the House.
Thank you again for all your support. Let’s unite to restore this country! God bless America.