Pages

nothin's scarier than a blank page

14 June 2011

Collective Bargaining in T-2days

Last I heard, collective bargaining would be back on the legislative table today if, by now, the courts had not settled (e.g. mad legal) the issue.  The newest info shows that "Senate Org scheduled the budget for floor action on Thursday, contingent upon Assembly passage."  Assembly ashmembly.  The Senate's where it's at.  I'm terribly excited, and sad that I won't be closer to the action.  While we wait, here are some juicy bits from Twitter and Facebook...


click to enlarge
Puppets!  (clap.)  Okay, not really.  But there is a Stuffed Animal photo diary, including this one.  
Other notables.  A group of puppets mocking Walker; a rabbit whose clothing makes it appear as if he's missing all limbs and who wears a shirt that appears to threaten students' lives (not a good mix); the "monkey off their backs" monkey, of course.... If you want a headache, check out the Wish List photo.  Of the sign maker is in the arts or going for a graphic design degree, they should consider the chance that their joblessness MIGHT not have anything to do with the economy.  Just sayin'.  


I want that stuffed kitty.  He reminds me too much of my own beloved (deceased) cat.  And he looks like he would be very soft.  Stupid hippies, hoarding toys.                                                                                                                                                    
 Next,  he broke into song...
listen to Patti LuPone sing the famous song at the Grammys
click to enlarge

read the linked article
click to enlarge

inside
click to enlarge

outside
click to enlarge
Protests start to build at Capitol as Assembly vote looms
“We keep hoping folks who have acted as moderate Republicans in the past will listen to their consciences"  
I have.  I watched the Democrat hullabaloo, and it pushed me so far right that I now squint to see the Dems.  I wonder how many, like me, have been pushed away from "the cause" by the protesters' actions.  Funny, I've not seen any poll results for that one...


Dems get applause from the crowd inside the Capitol...
and I hear Andrew Lloyd Weber music playing in the background.
click to enlarge
note:  says Ellis comment on passing bills was dry humor, standard fare for him.
click to enlarge
Viva capitalism!
Wis AFL-CIO photo album.

misinformation stattion
click to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment